Training cooperation with international organizations
The Azerbaijan Customs Academy (ACA) is in charge of arranging and coordinating all national and international trainings, seminars, workshops and conferences, for the State Customs Committee (SCC) of Azerbaijan. In that regard, the institution aims to establish and implement a regular and systematic Customs training cooperation with various international organizations, with which Azerbaijan has concluded agreements. Each cooperation and partnership initiative for training and capacity building follows the national and international agenda of the Customs sector in Azerbaijan, as well the needs and priorities of the SCC.
Currently, the ACA has either established or in the process of setting up capacity development (trainings and related events) partnerships, with the relevant training, learning and capacity development structures, programs and projects of not least the following international organizations and/or their representations:
- World Trade Organization (WTO)
- United Nations Development Program (UNDP)
- United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE)
- United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD)
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC)
- International Narcotics Control Board (INCB)
- International Organization for Migration (IOM)
- World Bank Group
- International Monetary Fund (IMF)
- International Criminal Police Organization (INTERPOL)
More information on the types and content of the ACA training partnerships with some of the indicated organizations are shortly provided, depending on the availability and relevance.